For some there is a very annoying bug, where the program minimizes when clicked with left mouse button while active on the taskbar.
The program is not closed, but instead is minimized and runs in the background.
A few will say it is intended, but let me assure you, it is not.
There are several factors leading to this, such as program usage rights and multi monitor settings.
To fix the program minimizes problem
- Right click on the program or the shortcut you use to open the program.
- Go to properties then compatibility.
- Enable the tickbox: Run this program as an administrator.
This can often fix the issue, and if it doesn’t check for next solution below.
continues under image
If the other solution didn’t work, here is a great alternative.
- Install 7+ taskbar tweaker or use the portable version.
- Then open advanced options from tray.
- Select mouse control and add: taskbaritem|lclick
- set the value to 1